[adrotate banner=”1″]It’s time once again to toss out a whole bunch of links, because that’s what makes the world wide web a web, all them link linking everything together like a web. Which means you have to leave your comfort sites like Facebook and Twitter from time to time to go to other sites, even if it is just briefly. Just make sure to avoid the giant spiders who live on the web and devour unwary travelers, discarding their dessicated husks in the dredges of reddit. Be sure to stop by TarsTarkas.NET occasionally on your journey because it’s just polite. And you don’t want to be rude, do you?
As usual, there is a mix of movie news and reviews and articles from our friends and neighbors. Don’t forget to drop on by our partners in MOSS for more eclectic fun!
The escalator above is in the Tel Aviv City Hall (or at least was as of 2011!) It could also be a fun project for an enterprising local artist who has a lot of time on their hands at a location where there aren’t security cameras at the escalators.
- Booboo Stewart, the person named Stewart with the more ridiculous name from the Twilight series, has been cast as Jafar’s son in the Disney Original Movie Descendants. Dove Cameron will play the daughter of Maleficent, Mal. The son of Cruella De Vil (Carlos) and daughter of the Evil Queen (Evvie) have not been announced. Ben, the son of Belle and Beast will be played by Mitchell Hope. High School Musical director Kenny Ortega will helm.
- Remember when we wrote about K9 Adventures and K9 Adventures 2? Well, there is also a K9 Adventures 3 in the works!
- David Foster guests at Cultural Gutter with Black Napoleon’s Throne of Satan!
- Timecop is getting a “dark and gritty” remake that sounds dumb as heck, and they namedrop Looper as what they plan to steal from. In addition, the article mentions that in production is a 3rd Journey to the Center of the Earth film, the MacGuyver movie is still in production, and the remake of The Monster Squad (which director Fred Dekker said was dead when I saw the original in theaters recently) is still being kicked around. So beware!
- Beth Loves Bollywood meets the 1940s swashbuckling epic Sikandar!
- The comic book Dreadstar has been optioned for a film, and from what I remember of the comic, it was pretty good, so here’s hoping!
- Teleport-City says “The hell??” to Taiwanese flick The Hell!
- Did you miss this expose on producers Remington Chase and Stefan Martirosian of Lone Survivor fame? It’s a doozy!
- The Horror!? faces the mysterious Indian spy film C.I.D. Raju!
- Check out this cool article on 10 Myths About South Indian Cinema!
- Pre-Code goes in search of The Lost Patrol!
- Drumline is getting a direct-to-VH1 sequel, with Nick Cannon producing and probably starring in a supporting roll.
- Muay Jin Din Kong Lok (หมวยจิ้น ดิ้นก้องโลก) is being called the worst ever Thai film, and WiseKwai has the scoop!
- Tooting my own horn here, but TarsTarkas.NET was mentioned by our good friend Miguel from Monster Island Resort Podcast in this film critic podcast roundtable at Rainestorm!
- RIP Grindcore Goat!
- Monster Island Resort talks with Richard Elfman about Forbidden Zone 2!
- Some cool capsule reviews of early Chinese films!
- Xsmarkthespot mulls over the anniversary of Bill Hicks’ death
- Some cool retro-modern horror with upcoming film Insectula! Harrison Matthews, Pasquale Pilla, Arielle Cezanne, and Sarah French star. Michael Peterson writes and directs, this is his first film.
A giant alien mosquito-type insect is drawn to earth from the CO2 pollution in search of blood. Del, a government agent, loses loved ones to the creature and is on a personal vendetta while the Dr. Kempler is captivated by it and attempts to help the creature cleanse the earth.
Until the next big long list, news article, or review of something weird and/or wonderful!