Webster-Meridian defines the word ‘tolerance’ as: “a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one’s own; freedom from bigotry,” or otherwise, a mutual respect for others and their beliefs regardless of race, creed, political affiliations, etc. I define the word ‘no’ as: “the opposite of yes,” or otherwise, the converse of the affirmative. Now, both words can be confusing at times, especially the word “tolerance” for some since it has three entire syllables and can be hard to sound out, but when I heard that the Resistnet.com community stands by a strict “No Tolerance” policy in the content and conversations taking place on their website I just had to take a gander and see for myself how tolerant they could be.
Darla D, Resistnet’s sexy middle-aged mom-hot administrator officially instituted the policy when Resistnet “spontaneously” sprung up and established themselves earlier this spring (due of course to “grassroots” efforts). As the site’s coordinating administrator all the responsibilities of maintaining a policy of “no tolerance”, among other things, fall squarely on Darla’s capable shoulders. Being the one who created and set the policy Darla should be the most knowledgeable on the subject and her hawkish dedication to keeping the members of Resistnet in line should shine through on the chat and message boards on the site. That is, if Darla actually could sound out, define, or count the syllables in the word “tolerance”.
I’m not going to bother outlining the whole thing, the tenants of a “no tolerance” policy on a community website should be very clear since we all most of us learned about the word “tolerance” in our 5th grade English class, but all the reader needs to know is that Resistnet.com does have an official policy regarding content that is racist, sexist, demeaning, pornographic, offensive, and otherwise not kosher to regular upstanding citizens. Here are some snippets:
4. This is a clean site, so we will absolutely not allow pornographic material or links directed to pornographic material on our site period! Our definition of pornographic material means: if you wouldn’t show your little brother, or daughter, don’t post it. Both ‘Upstairs’ and ‘Downstairs’ must be covered in some kind of fashion. The same applies to avatars as well.
5. Photos/Video’s or links to photos/video’s of illegal activities are not allowed in ANY sections of this forum. Pictures/Video’s must be tasteful, non-abusive, non-graphic, no heads on spikes, no one giving a bird, no bad language, non-racist, etc… Music must be tasteful, no profanity, racism, lewdness, allowed in music choices.
6. No sexism is allowed. Offensive comments will be deleted. This applies to both male and female members!
Websters Dictionary: prejudice or discrimination based on sex ; especially : discrimination against women2: behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex
11. Posts that deal with militancy such as a call for taking up arms, and or overthrowing the government with any kind of violence will result in banishment from the site. Conspiracy Theories may be deleted with out notice. Please provide credible links and sources on your posts.
We want you to have fun, but use of this forum is a privilege not a right! Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines may trigger one or more of the following responses by the Moderators:
1. Your message may be edited, closed or deleted.
2. You could possibly receive a written warning from a Moderator not to do it again.
3. If you do not receive a written warning and notice a message that you made was edited, closed or deleted without written warning from a Moderator this should make you aware that your post was inappropriate and the edit, closing or deletion of the message should be warning enough. You should not start a new thread concerning the same topic as this may lead to you being banned from the forum. Please do not expect the Moderators to give you a warning every time you do not follow the guidelines that are listed here. It is your responsibility to know these guidelines.
Pretty clear right? You can post on Resistnet, but if a user gets too out of control and starts calling on members to take up arms against the police or posts up some blatantly racist comments or pictures then that material will be taken down, since it hurts the credibility of the community and makes everyone on their side look like a bunch of racist bigoted loonies. Any national group dedicated to spirited and factual debate would make it a priority to make sure their members keep the dialog respectable and free of blatant intolerant words and pictures, it just makes your cause look bad otherwise, but given that Resistnet.com and Darla D don’t really understand the meaning of the word “factual” or “debate” in the first place, it is no surprise that Darla clearly drops the ball on every occasion as Resistnet administrator and herald of tolerance. As of the date of this post here are some images still up on Resistnet.com’s photos/video section, you be the judge on whether or not the content abides by the words in Darla D’s “No Tolerance” policy:
This is just ONE SECTION of Resistnet’s web community, you think Darla D would be doing a better job with her beliefs in tolerance and all. I only comment on the photos section here because if I scrubbed the message board or chat portions of Resistnet for racist, derogatory, and obscene comments this post would go on for EONS. Does Resistnet have the right to post whatever they want on their own website? Of course!
Do Resistnet and Darla D have a policy in place that denounces the posting material deemed racist, sexist, or otherwise profane and tasteless? Well, firm might not be the best word to describe it, but yeah apparently they do. Does Resistnet cling to these tenants however? Hell naw. I mean, we already know this “movement” is full of people who are way to concerned that a black man is President to begin with, we don’t even need to question if the content is racially charged or not. Good eye Darla D!
Now, I’ll let you draw up your own conclusions, but what does it say about a particular group when it becomes necessary, on the surface at least, for them to have to institute a policy of “tolerant” posting yet at the same time the majority of users and even the site’s administrator (Darla D), the one person who is responsible and should be held accountable when “site rules” are broken, disregard the racial, sexist, pornographic, and profane (yeah, last time I checked pictures of aborted fetuses were considered profane) content embodied in said website?
Kinda sounds like they’re lying to themselves.